a. Welcome to www.bartonparkoxford.com. This Privacy Notice sets out how we collect, use, disclose and transfer personal data that you may provide to Barton Oxford LLP (BOLLP) at 70 Grosvenor Street London W1K 3JP. Personal data is information which can identify you, such asyour name and address. For the purposes of this Privacy Notice (unless expressly stated, or the context requires, otherwise), ‘we’, ‘us’ and ‘our’ refers to Barton Oxford LLP. (BOLLP)
b. This Privacy Notice explains the following:
• what personal information we may collect from you;
• how we keep your personal information safe;
• what we may use your personal information for;
• who we may share your personal information with; and
• your rights regarding your personal information
c. Barton Oxford LLP the data controller in respect of your personal information for the purposes of applicable data protection legislation.
1 Legal grounds for processing personal data
BOLLP will process your personal data on the grounds that it is in BOLLP’s legitimate interest for the effective administration of the website. We also process data if you have given us your express consent such as for obtaining marketing services.
2 What personal information do we hold?
BOLLP collects and processes the following personal information from you:
• First and last name, email address, telephone number and postcode (if you provide them to us)
• Details of access to our websites and applications including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data and other communication data (such as IP addresses), and the pages that are accessed.
3 How we collect this personal information
We collect information (including personal information) when you visit this site and if you contact us via email or phone.
As you navigate through this site, certain information may be passively collected (that is, gathered without you actively providing the information). This is done by using various technologies and means, such as cookies and navigational data collection, each of which is further described below. You can alter how or if you receive cookies via your web browser settings.
When you visit the Website, we collect your Internet Protocol (IP) address. An IP address is a number assigned to your computer by your Internet service provider so that you can access the Internet. BOLLP uses your IP address to diagnose problems with our server, to report aggregate information, to determine the fastest route for your computer to use in connecting to this Website, and to administer and improve this Website. We use Google Analytics for collecting this data.
In addition, we gather information such as what browser and which version of it you are using, the type of operating system you have, your internet service provider and which site you came from. If you access this website via your mobile device, we may also collect information about your mobile provider and your mobile device. This information allows us to recognise when your device accesses our website.
Type of cookies used on bartonpakoxford.com:
“Session" cookies are temporary bits of information that are erased once you exit your web browser window or turn off your computer. Session cookies are used to improve navigation on websites and to collect aggregate statistical information. This site uses session cookies.
Navigational data" ("log files", "server logs", and "clickstream" data) are used for system management, to improve the content of the site, market research purposes, and to communicate information to visitors. The information collected for these purposes is the IP address that requested the web page. This site uses navigational data.
This site uses navigational data. This site does not use persistent cookies which are placed in your hard drive of your computer until you remove them. This site does not use internet tags.
4 What we may process your personal information for
We may use the information we collect about you to:
• improve the content of this Website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
• customize this Website to your preferences;
• communicate with you (including via email or SMS where such contact details have been provided);
• provide you with the information about BOLLP products and services that you request from us;
• notify you of any changes to our services; and
• administer our Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
5 Where is the information held?
Our website is hosted by Itineris Ltd which provides appropriate security and confidentiality standards. Data is held on servers within the EEA/EU.
6 When we may disclose your personal information
We may disclose your personal information with carefully selected third parties such as analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of this Website. If you request information about buying a house, we will pass your details to the appropriate housebuilder.
We will take steps to ensure that any third party we share your personal information with will keep your personal information secure and confidential, and retain only for as long as is necessary to carry out the activity required.
We will take appropriate measures to keep your information confidential and secure in accordance with our internal procedures covering the storage, access and disclosure of information.
Please note that messages you send to us by e-mail or via any internet connection may not be secure. If you choose to send any confidential information to us by such means you do so at your own risk with the knowledge that a third party may intercept this information and we do not accept any responsibility for the security or integrity of such information.
7 How long will we hold your personal information
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected or to comply with legal, regulatory or internal policy requirements. However, if you wish to have your personal information removed from our databases, please contact us (see section 13). Subject to any legal or regulatory requirements, we will then remove this information.
8 Your rights
The accuracy of the information we hold about you is important to us. Under applicable data protection legislation you have rights concerning your personal information.
• You have a right to correct any inaccurate or incomplete personal information we hold on you. You have a right to receive a copy of the personal information we hold on you, which we must provide to you in a structured, commonly-used and machine-readable format. You have a right to require us to stop or to restrict our processing of your personal information. You have a right to require the erasure of personal information we hold on you once it is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which the information was collected or is being processed.
• Please contact us if you wish to exercise any of these rights. Details are in section 12.
9 Links to other websites
This site may contain links or references to other websites. If you use such links or references you will leave this site. Please be aware that we do not control other websites and that, in any case, this Privacy Notice does not apply to those websites. We encourage you to read the Privacy Notice of every website you visit.
If you have a complaint about how we manage your information please contact us using the details in section 9. If you are still not satisfied after going through our internal complaints procedure you can then complain to The Information Commissioner’s Office by telephone on 0303 123 1113 or through the following link: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/.
11 Changes to our Privacy Notice
We will review and may update our Privacy Notice from time to time. Any changes to this Privacy Notice will become effective when we post the revised Privacy Notice on our website. Please check our website frequently to see any updates or changes to our Privacy Notice.
12 How to contact us
If you have any questions, comments or requests regarding any aspect of this Privacy Notice, please do not hesitate to contact us at:
By post: Barton Park Team, 70 Grosvenor Street, London, W1K 3JP
By email: email@example.com
By phone: 020 7408 0988
This Privacy Notice was last reviewed and updated in May 2018
Issued May 2018 v1